4.05.2009

Days 91 - 98

I haven't posted all week! Life has been busy - just like everyone!! So here we go:
Birthday Girl!! 91.365
We are celebrating Connie's birthday. This wonderful woman is my mother-in-law. She is the BEST m-i-l in the entire world. She is there for us always and loves me as her own.
Trees w/ yellow blooms 92.365
I was driving home today when I spied this amazing tree. I immediately pulled over and took many pictures of the tree. Another person saw me taking pictures and started up a conversation about the trees. We both had never seen such a tree and could not tell what it was. It is truly remarkable what there is out in the world! Doing this Project 365, I have noticed so much more, especially since I carry my camera everywhere!!

Labyrinth 93.365

This is the Labyrinth at the university. It is a beautiful, peaceful place. From lessons4living.com: A labyrinth is an ancient symbol that relates to wholeness. It combines the imagery of the circle and the spiral into a meandering but purposeful path. The Labyrinth represents a journey to our own center and back again out into the world. Labyrinths have long been used as meditation and prayer tools. A labyrinth has only one path. It is unicursal. The way in is the way out. There are no blind alleys. The path leads you on a circuitous path to the center and out again.
I have walked several labyrinths in the past few years. As my mind is always busy, walking the labyrinth is an extremely challenging exercise for me - to focus myself to one thought, prayer, meditation. But in the end, I am so much more at peace. If you ever get a chance, give it a try.

Spoiled Dog 94.365Clifford is such a spoiled dog!! Danny is scratching his belly with a backscratcher! He is enjoying every scratch!!!


Spring at sunset 95.365Just playing around with my camera. Catching shadows and light in the Liquid Amber trees in the backyard.

Fountain 96.365

This is a fountain at a local shopping center. I love to sit here, drink my Chai Tea Latte, and watch the children "play" in the water. What is so cute, is during the summer, some kids really do play in the fountain!
Figs 97.365


This is a fig tree in our backyard. My father-in-law (The best in the world!!) gave us a sappling that started growing in his front yard. It has grown nicely. HOWEVER, the figs are inedible! Each year we cut them open, to find a spongey texture, that is almost poweder-like. The dog and the neighborhood skunks like them though...

Palm Sunday 98.365
Today is Palm Sunday. The gospel reading is the Passion of Christ. This environmental decor reminds us that Peter denied Christ three time before the cock crowed. And he wept. Sitting in church, looking at the rooster, I contemplated the times I denied Christ. How many times have we each been unfaithful to God? How many times have we denied God to worship something else - money, power, possessions? I love Peter. He gives me hope. In one breath, he tells Jesus that he would die for Him. In the next breath, he doesn't know Him. Yet, there he is, holding the keys to the kingdom, the foundation for His Church. God loves each one of us in spite of ourselves. I pray that each one of you have a reflective Holy Week.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love the dog!!! It really makes me miss Lilly Belle though. She's spoiled too, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful. Have a wonderful Easter

    ReplyDelete